Sunday 29 March 2015

Critical Studies


My academic period spent at MCAST Arts and Design Institute is coming to a crucial point as next year I plan to graduate with a degree in Interior Design, to do so one has to be fully prepared of the challenges that lie ahead. A topic which I consider to be useful and of importance to my future regarding the area I chosen to work in; is Designing with Lighting.

 I find lighting to be a vital aspect to interiors and how one is able to manipulate lighting may it be natural or artificial can have quite an important impact to any interior; this is why if one knows the fundamental elements on how to use natural lighting and artificial when applied strategically can result in well-designed interiors.  The topic I chose to investigate further through the research and works of others is natural lighting and how it effects the interior orientation. I chose to focus on natural lighting rather than artificial due to its sustainability and green design.

 Through my critical analysis of this topic I hope to gain an insight of how other designers and architects made use of natural lighting in their design and the impact it had on the interior. To do so I shall first research about natural lighting in general and its historical context regarding interior and try to pinpoint when civilization became conscious of its benefits, the takeover of artificial lighting and the renewal interest in natural lighting and case studies in relation with my topic.  




No comments:

Post a Comment